A mere mistake of law is normally not sufficient ground for correcting a wrong order but if the mistake is an obvious one due to failure to notice a particular piece of legislation the Court has the power to make the necessary correction and should not be hesitant in exercising that power.

As to the aggrieved party, it has a right to choose b

We Will Write a Custom Essay Specifically
For You For Only $13.90/page!

order now

etween approaching the court itself under S. 151 and going to the Court of Appeal assuming of course that an appeal is maintainable. [Dan Singh Bist v. Addl. Collector, 1951 A.L.J. 789].

It is clear from the above that where a wrong order cannot be corrected under S. 114 and O. 47, R. 1, C.P.C. it by no means follows that the correction be made under S. 151. The Court has power to act under S. 151, C.P.C., for doing justice.